Monday, August 30, 2010

to here, 72. Beyond?

In approximately 19 minutes ( @2pm on August 30) I will have been 72 hours ( 3 days ) without a single cigarette, for me this is amazing, and shocking. I started when I was 23 years old, and am now 27. This is monumental for me as I have been attempting to quit now for probably two years.

I'll be the first to say that only 72 hours in is by no means victory, but if you have ever struggled with this or read anything about smoking cessation, these first few hours are the leprechaun at the end of the rainbow, or better the allusive rolling football; always awkwardly just out of reach, and only making you look more the fool as you stumble after it.

I am excited to have made it this far, and hope to continue this, but i will say a couple things.

Coffee is NOT better with cigarettes, I can taste it so much better.
My face has already cleared up a bit, read about it, it will surprise you.
I am breathing better, although, I do have a bit of a cold and that is hindering things in a way, but i feel as though I can breathe far deeper, and at a more decelerated rate, while not getting winded quite as easily.

As i finish this up I would like to restate, I am by no means through with this, but I am well on my way. To here, this moment, it's been 72 hours, and beyond...(?)we will see. But I have my fingers crossed.....

No comments: